Welcome to Africanews

Please select your experience

Watch Live

Business Africa

business-africa

Congo-Cameroon fiber optic project, a medium for regional interconnectivity [Business Africa]

Business Africa

Fiber optic between Congo and Cameroon

Interconnectivity between Central African countries including Cameroon and Congo Republic is about get better as the latter launched a second phase of a fibre optic project.
This second project comes after the first phase financed by the World Bank for the interconnection of Congo with Gabon at a cost of CFAF 15 billion.
This particular phase of the project is said to be co-financed by the African Development Bank. The project is estimated at over CFAF 43 billion, with AfDB holding up 78.2%, leaving 21.8% to the Congolese authorities. Léon Juste Ibombo, Minister of Telecommunications and Digital Economy of Republic of Congo, joined us on this episode of Business Africa to shed some light on the report.