The Minister of Health, Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng has flagged off teams to conduct the second Rapid Assessment Survey to determine the extent of community transmission of COVID-19 and possible risk groups.
10,000 Ugandans will be interviewed, and samples withdrawn and tested for COVID-19.
Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng: The targeted districts for the survey as guided by the number of infected individuals are:
Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng: The population groups to be assessed include:
- Border crossing points and communities (Uganda Revenue Authority staff working at Points of Entry, migratory population, traders)
– Law enforcement officers
– Health workers
– Boda boda and bicycle riders
– Sex workers
– Slum areas
– Households in high risk exposure areas of border districts
– Children under 15 years old
– The Elderly (above 60 years old)
– Factory workers
– Fishing communities
Coronavirus – Uganda: Second Rapid Assessment Survey to determine the extent of Community Transmission of COVID-19 (1)