Canon Europe (www.Canon-Europe.com) today announces increased CODEC support with additional XF-AVC and MP4 recording options and HDR support for high frame rate shooting for the XF705, via a firmware update – providing improved workflow, ease-of-use and creative flexibility. The updates will offer further versatility for videographers within the broadcast industry:
- The additional XF-AVC CODEC recording modes enable compatibility within broadcast and news workflows, with 50i supported in Full HD
- 4K: 3840×2160 29.97p/ 23.98p/ 25p
- Full HD: 1920×1080 120P/ 100p/ 59.94i/ 50i
- MP4 recording is supported for quickly capturing and sharing content – meeting the requirements of any user who needs to capture video within a streamlined production workflow
- Full HD: 1920×1080 59.94P/ 29.97p/ 23.98p/ 50p/ 25p
- 720p: 1280×720 59.94P
- HDR support for XF-HEVC FHD, for high frame rate shooting with Hybrid Log Gamma and Perceptual Quantisation, has been added – recording at 1920 × 1080 120p/ 100p
Additional updates for the XF705 include:
- Advanced Ethernet support via IP streaming and FTP transfer
- Browser Remote Control connection via Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- 720/60P HD-SDI 4:2:2 output
- Advanced zoom operation and image quality improved
- Pull-down 60p signal to 24p/30p (SDI signal out only)
- Key and dial assignments can be changed so that CH1 and CH3 can be levelled with the CH2 audio dial
- Added monitor CH1/CH3 and CH2/CH4 to the ‘monitor channel’ menu
- Colour recording in IR mode (requires hardware modification – this is a chargeable service)
For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/3dygbz0Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Canon Central and North Africa (CCNA).
About Canon Central and North Africa:
Canon Central and North Africa (CCNA) (www.Canon-CNA.com) is a division within Canon Middle East FZ LLC (CME), a subsidiary of Canon Europe. The formation of CCNA in 2015 was a strategic step that aied to enhance Canon’s business within the Africa region – by strengthening Canon’s in-country presence and focus. CCNA also demonstrates Canon’s commitment to operating closer to its customers and meeting their demands in the rapidly evolving African market.
Canon has been represented in the Africa continent for more than 15 years through distributors and partners that have successfully built a solid customer base in the region. CCNA will ensure the provision of high quality, technologically advanced products that meet the requirements of Africa’s rapidly evolving marketplace.
With over 100 employees, it will manage sales and marketing activities across 44 countries in Africa. Canon’s corporate philosophy is Kyosei – ‘living and working together for the common good’. For more information: www.Canon-CNA.com