The International Organization for Migration (IOM), in collaboration with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and the United Nation’s Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) cordially invite you to the opening ceremony of the second International Forum on Migration Statistics (IFMS).
Where: InterContinental Citystars Hotel, Cairo, Egypt
When: 19 January 2020 at 08:00 AM.
High-level speakers will participate in the opening sessions including:
- Mr. António Vitorino, Director General, International Organization for Migration
- Ms. Amira Elfadil Mohammed Elfadil, African Union Commissioner for Social Affairs
- H.E. Pietro Mona, Ambassador for Development, Forced Displacement and Migration, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Ms. Gabriela Ramos, Chief of Staff, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Mr. Ronald Skeldon, Emeritus Professor, University of Sussex and Professor of Human Geography, Maastricht University
The IFMS is a unique global platform devoted to improving data on migration in all its dimensions and will bring together more than 400 participants, including representatives from national and regional authorities, NGOs, international agencies and the private sector. The second edition of the IFMS will be hosted by the Egyptian Government, which currently chairs the African Union.
Registration: RSVP by 10 January 2020 to IFMS2020@iom.int
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of UN Information Centre in Cairo.