Due to the upbeat market development and an ever increasing interest in the Ethiopian market, the 3rd agrofood (https://bit.ly/2CXWRdG) & plastprintpack (https://bit.ly/2vlHQPx) Ethiopia 2019 International Trade Shows continue their success story. With 142 global technology leaders from 18 countries (http://bit.ly/2L0S3LE) participating, the 2019 event will be more than twice as big as last year. And it will be much more international. The exhibition is complemented by conferences, presentations and panel discussions on Financing for SMEs, Recycling, Reducing food losses and waste & Post-harvest losses - Focus on food safety.
Organised by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe (https://www.fairtrade-Messe.de) in cooperation with their Ethiopian partners Prana Events (https://www.PranaEvents.net/#1) the event is scheduled for 09 to 11 May 2019 at the Millennium Hall in Addis Ababa.
What makes agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia 2019 so unique?
- Not less than five official country pavilions are present this year, namely from China, France, Germany, Italy and Turkey. Germany and Turkey are in for the very first time with official national pavilions while China, France and Italy renew and upgrade their pavilions.
- 142 global technology leaders from 18 countries (http://bit.ly/2L0S3LE) present their solutions, products and technologies tailored to the needs of the Ethiopian agrofood & plastprintpack business community.
- Significant international presence: The exhibitors come from Austria, China, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Malaysia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and USA.
- Strong institutional support from within Ethiopia: Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Ethiopian Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industry Development Institute, Food Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia, Chemical and Construction Inputs Industry Development Institute
- Powerful support internationally: ACIMGA, adepta French Agrofood Association, AMAPLAST, DLG German Agricultural Society, Embassies of Germany, France, Italy and Turkey, German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture, GIZ, ITA Italian Trade Agency, NABC Netherlands African Business Council, Turkish Ministry of Trade, Turkish Exporters Assembly, VDMA German Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association
- The interactiveagrofood (https://www.agrofood-ethiopia.com/agrofood-ethiopia.html) and plastprintpack (https://www.ppp-ethiopia.com/plastprintpack-ethiopia.html) portals allowing exhibitors and visitors to communicate and to arrange business meetings before, during and after the event, all year round.
Conferences on Financing for SMEs, Recycling, Reducing food losses and waste & Post-harvest losses - Focus on food safety
agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia 2019 will be supplemented by conferences, presentations and panel discussions, organised by the Global Business Network of the GIZ and by DLG. Among the most important topics covered by Ethiopian and European experts are:
- Financing for Ethiopian SMEs
- Recycling in Ethiopia: Development-oriented business opportunities
- Reducing food losses and waste
- Post-harvest losses - Focus on food safety due to toxicogenic fungi and mycotoxins
Ethiopia’s ambitious targets up to 2025 - High sustainable GDP growth
According to the Ethiopian government, Ethiopia, until 2025, shall become the manufacturing hub of Africa, and its population shall achieve middle-income status. All this shall be reached within the framework of a carbon neutral economy.
The country is demonstrating continuous and high GDP growth for over 14 years now. As a result, Ethiopia became one of the world’s fastest growing economies and an impressive investment destination in Africa.
Ethiopia’s GDP increased from US$ 65 billion in 2015 to US$ 86 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach US$ 90 billion in 2019. East and Central Africa’s largest economy reached around 8 percent GDP growth for the Ethiopian fiscal year 2017/18 (July 8 to July 7) and is expected to reach real GDP growth between 8 and 10 percent for 2019 to 2023. EIU / GTAI
plastprintpack Ethiopia: Ethiopia’s plastics industry is growing at a breathtaking pace The Country Cluster of EUROMAP-European Plastics and RubberMachinery confirms significant growth for Ethiopia (https://www.ppp-ethiopia.com/ethiopia-plastprintpack.html). With 100% of raw materials imported (mainly from the Middle East, Europe and Asia), the Ethiopian market has great potential for exporters of plastics in primary forms. In the years 2007 to 2015, for example, imports of plastic raw materials increased by 19.4% annually, from 43 kt to 178 kt, a plus of 314%! This makes Ethiopia the second largest importer of plastics in primary forms in East and Central Africa.
East and Central Africa’s largest importer of plastics machinery
Between 2012 and 2017 Ethiopia’s imports of plastics machinery increased by 22% annually, from 12 million euro in 2012 to 35 million in 2017.
Second largest importer of printing, paper processing and packaging technology in East and Central Africa
Ethiopia’s imports of printing & paper processing technology increased by 18% annually, from 8 million euro in 2012 to 18 million in 2017. Its imports of packaging technology grew by 48% annually, from 5 to 35 million euro. VDMA
agrofood Ethiopia consists of the three sub-brands agro AgroTech (https://www.agrofood-ethiopia.com/ethiopia-agro.html), food + bev tec (https://www.agrofood-ethiopia.com/ethiopia-fbt.html) and food + hospitality (https://www.agrofood-ethiopia.com/ethiopia-fh.html).
agro AgroTech Ethiopia 2019
For the first time for the 2019 event, fairtrade and DLG German Agricultural Society enteredinto strategic partnership (https://www.agrofood-ethiopia.com/ethiopia-agro.html). Organisers of the world’s No. 1 trade shows Agritechnica and Eurotier, DLG is the global leader in professional agritec and animal husbandry trade shows, in the business since 1885.
Ethiopia is East Africa’s 2nd largestimporter of agricultural machinery and equipment.According to figures from the World Bank, the Ethiopian Agriculture accounts for about 48% of GDP and 85% of exports, making it the cornerstone of the economy and the largest potential source of growth and prosperity. The Ethiopian agricultural output has grown by between 5% and 9% annually in the years 2011 to 2018.
food + bev tec Ethiopia 2019
Ethiopia is East and Central Africa’slargest importer of food & beverage processing technology and it invests heavily in its food and beverage industry. The country’s imports of food, beverage and packaging technology increased by 24% (https://www.agrofood-ethiopia.com/ethiopia-fbt.html) in 2017, from 127 million euros to 157 million euros.VDMA Double-digit growth is also forecasted for 2019.
food + hospitalityEthiopia 2019
Ethiopia, with its 105 million inhabitants, is East and Central Africa’s second largest food market. Food trade with Ethiopia is a US$ 4.088 billion business, with food imports amounting to $1.889 billion and food exports to US$ 2.199 billion in 2017. WTODistributed by APO Group on behalf of Fairtrade Messe und Ausstellungs GmbH & Co. KG.
Contact for press and media:
fairtrade Messe GmbH & Co. KG
Ms Nadine Wagner
Tel +49 / 62 21 / 45 65 22
Fax +49 / 62 21 / 45 65 25
Contact for exhibitors:
fairtrade Messe GmbH & Co. KG
Ms Freyja Detjen
Tel +49 / 62 21 / 45 65 19
Fax +49 / 62 21 / 45 65 25
Local organizer & contact East Africa
Mr Nebeyu Lemma
Bole Medhaniyalem, Lucky Building 5th Floor
P.O.Box: 17500, Addis Ababa
Tel: +251-116-18 43 65
Mob: +251-929-30 83 66
Fax: +251-116-62 12 02
fairtrade - Valuable business contacts:
fairtrade (https://www.fairtrade-Messe.de) was founded by Martin März in 1991. Since long, fairtrade ranks among the leading organisers of professional international trade fairs in emerging markets, especially in North and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Managed by its shareholder and his son Paul März and committed to the values of a family business and the team spirit, fairtrade maintains a powerful network of partnerships throughout the world. fairtrade organizes shows in the sectors Agrofood, CIT Solutions, Energy, Industry and PlastPrintPack and strives for a high level of customer satisfaction. By means of innovative products and excellent service fairtrade organizes professional platforms for valuable business contacts between exhibitors and visitors. fairtrade is a member of UFI The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry and AAXO The Association of African Exhibition Organisers. The management is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Prana Events (https://www.PranaEvents.net/#1) is a full-service event management, marketing and consulting firm based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The company is established with an aim to support the event industry with Knowledge, technology and solutions.
Under the strong leadership of the founder and Managing Director - Mr. Nebeyu Lemma, who has a decade of expertise in managing international trade fairs and conferences, the company is staffed with young, hardworking and creative professionals that have high value and talent for their appointed position.