Welcome to Africanews

Please select your experience

Watch Live

News

news

Police makes progress in Manchester attack investigations

Police makes progress in Manchester attack investigations

United Kingdom

British police say they have made progress on investigations a week after the Manchester attack

A 44 year-old man was arrested Friday night bringing the total number of suspects to 11.

The head of Britain’s anti-terrorism body welcomed the progress of the investigation promising to completely dismantle the terrorists network behind the attack.

“These arrests are very important … We are pleased to have put our hands on some of the key players that we were concerned about. But, as I have said, there is still much to do,” police Commissioner in charge of specialised operations, Mark Rowley, told the press.

22 year old Salman Abedi, is accused of detonating an explosive in Manchester on Monday evening which left 22 dead and around a hundred injured.

The attack was claimed by the so called Islamic State jihadist group.

The state of emergency which had been raised to the critical level, has been brought back to serious. Authorities say the Army remains deployed for now.

View more