The search for a five-year-old boy trapped in an abandoned mineshaft in South Africa continues.
Here are a few details around the incident.
1. Richard Thole, is believed to have fallen into the abandoned mine since Saturday.
2. The shaft is located in Boksburg, a city in the East Rand of South Africa’s Gauteng Province.
3. The local area around where the mine is located is referred to as Jerusalem community.
4. Rescue efforts only started on Monday with an array of security services, the Police, Disaster and Emergency Services, Mine Rescue services.
5. It is still to be known whether he is still alive – the search was suspended on Monday evening.
Highlights from Day 1 of the rescue mission 5-year-old South African boy trapped in abandoned mineshaft
Day 2 of rescue mission starts
Photo credit: Iavan Pijoos – @Iavan13