The bodies of six migrants have washed ashore in Janzour, a suburb of the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
The bodies were collected on Saturday by Red Crescent workers.
The operation began on Sunday October 30 after three separate migrant accidents were recorded last week alone.
“Yesterday we recovered eight bodies from Janzour’s shores, and today, we recovered six bodies, which brings the total number of bodies that have been recovered this week to approximately 40 or 41,” said Mohamed Benghars, a Red Crescent worker.
The United Nations on Friday said an estimated 240 people had drowned in the Mediterranean sea within a 48-hour period.
The latest deaths the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said means some 4,200 migrants have died so far this year while crossing the Mediterranean as compared with 3,777 in the whole of 2015.
Migrant arrivals in Italy rose to 27,388 in October, more than the two previous Octobers combined, bringing this year’s total to more than 158,000, the IOM said.