Libya’s self-declared government in Tripoli has condemned Wednesday’s morning attack at a police training centre that left at least 47 people dead and scores injured.
The government has vowed to launch a full inquiry into the early morning attack terming it a ‘‘cowardly terrorist act’‘.
We confirm that we are totally committed to carrying out a full investigation and provide full disclosure on this cowardly terrorist act.
“We confirm that we are totally committed to carrying out a full investigation and following developments and updates and providing full disclosure that deals with this cowardly terrorist act. The cabinet of the Salvation Government confirms that it is in a permanent state of salvation to find out the very last details,” government spokesman Mohammed Ismail said.
This is the worst bomb attack since the country’s uprising in 2011.
No group yet has claimed responsibility for the attack.‘‘So far we have 47 killed and around 118 injured. They are in hospital in Zliten and Misrata and some other hospitals,” Fozi Awnais, head of the crisis committee for the health ministry in Tripoli said dismissing reports that 65 people had been killed.
The North African country descended into chaos after the ousting of former leader Muammar Gaddafi.
The international community has been pressing Libya’s warring factions to form a unity government in order to restore the country.