Gobon and Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been crowned the CAF Africa Player of the Year 2015.
Pierre trounced Ghanaian and Swansea City FC star André Ayew and four-time winner Yaya Toure.
The Gabonese forward is enjoying the best moments of his career in Europe. The year 2015 was one that will forever be etched in his mind. His potency in front of goal has seen him become one of the most recognizable strikers in Europe this season.
He is currently the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 18 goals. He also scored once as Gabon exited the Orange AFCON 2015 at the group stage.
CAF (@CAF_Online) January 7, 2016
Full list of winners
- African Player of the Year: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- African Player of the Year – Based in Africa: Mbwana Ali Samatta (Tanzania)
- *Women’s Player of the Year:* Gaelle Enganamouit – Cameroon
- Youth Player of the Year: Victor Osimhen – Nigeria
- Most Promising Talent: Etebo Oghenekaro – Nigeria
- *Coach of the Year:* Hervé Renard – Ivory Coast
- National Team of the Year: Cote d’Ivoire
- Women’s National Team of the Year: Cameroon
- Club of the Year: TP Membe – DR Congo
- Referee of the Year: Bakary Papa Gassama – The Gambia
- *Football Leader of the Year:* Abdiqani Said Arab (Somalia)
- African Legend award: CK Gyamfi – Ghana
- Platinum Award: Muhammadu Buhari
- CAF team of 2014: Goalkeeper: Robert Kidiaba/ Serge Aurier, Aymen Abdennour, Mohammed Meftah, André Ayew, yaya Toure, Sadio Mane, Yacne Brahimi, Mbwana Aly samatta, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Baghdad Bounedjah